Connection timeout

Support for booru.org
Nukelymod

Connection timeout

Post by Nukelymod » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:37 pm

Having an odd error attempting to visit any booru, including my own, leads to a connection timeout, with no possibility of actually making it to the website. I've tried in other browsers, same result, however, on other computers on the same network, they are able to connect. With adblocker off, with cache emptied, with firewall disabled, with dns cache flushed, with reinstalling the browsers, with a private window, with different dns servers, in fact, the only way I consistently access it is with a vpn, however then I can't upload or edit, because as a free vpn, any ips associated with it have been polluted by spammers, so that's not a option. My roommate was wondering maybe my ip got flagged as a spammer somehow?

Mr_K

Re: Connection timeout

Post by Mr_K » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:19 pm

Hello,

Are you trying to access from Russia or Brazil by any chance?

Otherwise it would appear it's being blocked either by your provider or by the Government if it is simply timing out, nothing we can do about it really.

Nukelymod

Re: Connection timeout

Post by Nukelymod » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:12 pm

Nope, from US. And the weird thing is that *sometimes* it's available. But not consistently. I can call my provider and see, it's just weird how it's irregular.