The connection has timed out

Support for booru.org
refinder

The connection has timed out

Post by refinder » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:52 pm

I've been encountering a "The connection has timed out" problem across all booru galleries that end with ".booru.org" for the past few weeks.
Typically this problem happens after I've loaded a few different pages on any given booru. I've noticed it happens faster after using the search function, but it still happens regardless after opening enough pages.

I can still load booru pages using a proxy, and boorus will still come up on other devices on the same network, so I know booru isn't down, but it will still time out on those devices after enough pages are loaded. After about an hour it will come back up, but then it will go right back down for another hour after opening about five more pages.

I don't think it's a problem with my ISP and I've tried flushing the DNS cache and browser cookies multiple times.
I've tried a lot of things already to fix this, and sometimes they'll work, but booru always goes right back to being timed out shortly thereafter.

So I don't know if booru is sending me bad packets or what. I noticed someone made a thread with a similar topic, so maybe this is something going on?

Mr_K

Re: The connection has timed out

Post by Mr_K » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:37 pm

What booru seems to be having this issue?

refinder

Re: The connection has timed out

Post by refinder » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:50 pm

I've had this happen on
deviants-despository.booru.org
the-collection.booru.org
vidyart.booru.org

As of a week ago (the 13th) it was still happening. Whenever one booru gives me the time out error, all of them then return the same time out error.
And even opening up those three boorus just now to copy the URLs caused it to happen again. Checking any gallery that ends with ".booru.org" gives me the same connection time out error.

Going down the list of top boorus here
https://booru.org/top
the only one in the top ten of that list that actually loads for me right now is
furry.booru.org
the rest are all connection time out errors.

And as soon as it is done being timed out, I open so much as four to six pages on any gallery with a URL ending with ".booru.org" will cause it to go back to timing out all over again.