Nileyhot(*) spambot

Support for booru.org
cldsa

Nileyhot(*) spambot

Post by cldsa » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Friendly reminder that "Nileyhotxxxx" spambot is still active on a lot of boorus, and admins of basic booru sites do not have the tools to deal with them as the banning system does not work.

slayerduck
Site Admin

Re: Nileyhot(*) spambot

Post by slayerduck » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:32 pm

We're aware of this issue but there is only so much we can do if people use a botnet for mass ips. The owners of said booru are suppose to moderate them and delete these. The banning does work but the problem is the amount of ips.

mugen-user

Post by mugen-user » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:47 am

Oh as if this wasn't enough, now there's a disgusting bot called "knuddeldrachi" and it too was spamming some unwanted, nasty content in my booru site too. I cleaned up its debris but I'm also wondering how to ban knuddeldrachi personally so it doesn't come back again. It appeared on March 1 of 2018 seems.

Alaron

Post by Alaron » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:34 pm

If possible please email staff(at)booru.org with the details of this new spammer. Same applies if you find further Nileyhot spam. Report to the email before you delete!

Thank you for your patience, know that we are aware of these issues and working to resolve them.

cldsa

Post by cldsa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 am

Thank you very much for the quick replies guys, and sorry for taking this long to answer back.

Sadly I deleted the spam before reading the replies, but luckily I found a very easy way to filter and stop the spam by simply creating a new tier user using the user privilege section in the panel control, I should've posted this when the spam was ongoing, sorry about that. Of course this doesn't solve any future attacks on sites that have anonymous posting, and I can imagine this is not a realistic option for highly concurred boorus with high user count.

I was wondering if it would be possible to delete the remnants of this spam on a booru, because now I have dozens of registered "users" with a similar name and when one looks at the user list it makes the booru look very bad and suspicious. Would it be possible for me to contact any of you guys privately to link you the booru, along with a list of those 30 spammer accounts, and completely delete them from existence? This isn't really high priority but I would very much like for this to happen at least on my booru.

Cheers and thanks in advance

mugen-user wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:47 am
Oh as if this wasn't enough, now there's a disgusting bot called "knuddeldrachi" and it too was spamming some unwanted, nasty content in my booru site too. I cleaned up its debris but I'm also wondering how to ban knuddeldrachi personally so it doesn't come back again. It appeared on March 1 of 2018 seems.
I've seen this on some sites and I found it hilarious, it's 4 pics of a haggard naked dude apparently self-doxxing himself. I did not have the "fortune" of having it in my booru though. :lol:

Alaron

Post by Alaron » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Feel free to email us at staff@booru.org and we can discuss this further.