| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Main Forum Booru / Main Forum /

Connection Problems

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »  
Author Guest
#1 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 01:20 
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if it is not then I am sorry.
Anyways my problem is that various Booru sites suddenly don't show anymore, instead I receive "the connection was reset" error and I don't know why.
I have accessed these sites before and as said, it is only some Booru sites, not all internet nor all of Booru pages that are, just seemingly some select few of them(amongst them are Dragonbooru and Furrybooru).
I have so far attempted to turn off my firewalls to see if that was the problem, make sure flash was fully updated and reset my internet to make sure it wasn't screwing itself up somehow.
Also I have tried linking friends of mine to some of the sites mentioned and they experienced 0 problems in getting them to show up.
I run Firefox and its fully updated, I hope someone out there can help me find out what it is that is wrong.
Author Proger_XP
Registered
#2 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 06:53 | Edited by: Proger_XP 
Slayer has been experimenting with CDN, this is possibly its issue.

As for me I've noticed strange thing that without JavaScript enabled even our main site (with the forum) looks very weird - forum's buttons disappear, etc. When JS is enabled for all domains (cloudflare, tynt, viglink, etc.) it works fine, though.
Author slayerduck
Admin
#3 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 08:44 
Open a command prompt and try to ping those sites next time. I think you are having DNS related issues and this has nothing to do with the CDN. If it happens next time and when you try to ping it and it says that the domain can not be resolved you should try changing your DNS to either OpenDNS (http://www.opendns.com/) or use google's DNS:

And Proger, try now :)
Author Guest
#4 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 18:52 
When I pin the sites I have trouble with then I send but do no receive response from them.
I have attempted using both of the suggested DNS without any change of result as well as trying without and with java script enabled but I still receive the same.
also thanks for your previous suggestions, even if it did not help it atleast it eliminates the possible points from where the problem originates from.
Author slayerduck
Admin
#5 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 20:33 
So you ping the sites, what IP do you get back? And does it give you a ping timeout?
Author Guest
#6 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 21:32 
it tells me the request timed out all 4 times it sends packets and the IP it informs me of is [85.17.25.209]
Author slayerduck
Admin
#7 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 23:17 | Edited by: slayerduck 
I checked the logs and it seems you repeatedly port scanned my server. When a port scanning attempt is made it will ban your IP for 1 hour. If you do this trick more then 4 times in a row it will perma ban your IP.

"Aug 22 22:14:30 [32377]: (PERMBLOCK) (xx.xxx.xx.xx YOUR IP, Mister from Denmark) has had more than 4 temp blocks in the last 86400 secs [PS_LIMIT]"

This is the reason why you can't get a response from the server.

Care to explain why you kept port scanning my server?
Author Guest
#8 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 23:44 
I honestly haven't been port scanning your server as I don't even know what that is.
Though would make sense as when I originally could access the server I would sometimes get connection problems from about an hour before as you said, losing all access entirely.
from what info your giving me I can only assume either that I got a virus in my system doing that via my computer or some program of mine is for some reason doing that without my knowledge, doubting the latter option but far from calling it impossible, I am not very tech savvy
Author slayerduck
Admin
#9 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 23:55 
I can unban your IP but unless you solve your "virus" thing its just going to ban you again.
Author Guest
#10 | Posted: 26 Aug 2011 00:20 
Ok, I have run all my virus cleaners and the likes through the system in succession, afew of them multiple times just to be sure, it should be out of my system now, if I experience getting the same message like now with the sites I will simply stop visiting those sites till find a way to remove whatever is doing this port scanning thing.
please unban me at this time and also thanks for all the help slayerduck
Author slayerduck
Admin
#11 | Posted: 26 Aug 2011 00:25 
done
Author Shian
Registered
#12 | Posted: 28 Aug 2011 04:46 
I had the same problem a couple of times earlier on in the year; everything on the internet except booru.org and the boorus worked fine. It happened and fixed itself a couple of times, then once it happened and I could not longer access booru.org from that connection.

However I always thought it was the ISP's fault, the reason being that I live away from home now, and I had used my home internet connection (iPrimus) to access booru.org for something like 5 or 6 months without the problem occuring once. I then moved away, got a different connection (TPG) and the problem started occuring. I have moved to a different house since then, although still with TPG, and although I could access the boorus again, the problem has also occured once (or was it twice?) again.

Further evidence is that I have reformatted my computer since connecting with TPG, have made numerous virus scans throughout that period, have gone home for a week to use the iPrimus connection with no problems occuring, and have spent plenty of time tethering my mobile phone's broadband connection (Virgin Mobile) to my computer to access booru.org with no trouble.

Well next time it occurs I will try the pingy thingy to see how it fares, but I really think Guest has the same problem as me and it is not a virus. You would not happen to be in Australia and with TPG, Guest?
Author Shian
Registered
#13 | Posted: 28 Aug 2011 04:55 
What do you know? The problem just occured now! Here are my ping results... I have never done it before but I believe this is right.

>ping booru.org

Pinging booru.org [199.27.135.42] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 199.27.135.42: bytes=32 time=237ms TTL=56
Reply from 199.27.135.42: bytes=32 time=220ms TTL=56
Reply from 199.27.135.42: bytes=32 time=221ms TTL=56
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 199.27.135.42:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 220ms, Maximum = 237ms, Average = 226ms

>ping schoen.booru.org

Pinging schoen.booru.org [85.17.25.209] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 85.17.25.209:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

>ping yukkuri.booru.org

Pinging direct-connect.booru.org [85.17.25.209] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

>ping pai.booru.org

Pinging pai.booru.org [85.17.25.209] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Author slayerduck
Admin
#14 | Posted: 28 Aug 2011 12:13 | Edited by: slayerduck 
Ok i have loosened up the protection, it should work fine now. Try again and let me know if you have any more problems.
Author Guest
#15 | Posted: 17 Nov 2011 23:07 
cant see thumbnails on site drunkenpumken booru
explorer gets x images and firefox nothing
Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 
Main Forum Booru / Main Forum / Connection Problems Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.
[ANTISPAM] Enter letter "U" here:

Booru Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®